You acknowledge that by providing your personal data to us, you consent to its processing in the manners outlined below. When providing personal data about others, you confirm that you have the consent of these individuals to supply their personal data. We are unable to offer you any product or service unless you provide explicit consent for the collection and use of sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Who are we
Cherished Car Insurance & Vintage Tractor Insurance are trading names of Cherished Car Insurances Services Limited & Vintage Tractor Insurance Services Limited. We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Data we collect
We collect personal data and sensitive personal data as part of providing services to you.
Types of data we will collect:
– Name and titles
– Contact details including telephone numbers, address & email address
– Date Of Birth
– Credit/Debit Card details (Only with express consent)
Sensitive Personal data
Examples of sensitive personal data that we may also collect includes:
– Medical History
– Claims History
– Criminal Convictions
When your data is collected
We collect your personal data when:
– You ask for a quote
– You purchase one of our products or services
How your data is used
-Your data is used to process quotations (including price comparison websites)
-At renewal to evaluate your current insurance
-Verifying your identity when required
-Fraud Prevention and Detection
Dealing with other people
We will generally deal with the Policyholder in connection to the policy, and they will be our primary point of contact in relation to the policy. However we will also deal with other parties if requested. If you would like someone else to deal with your policy on your behalf on a regular basis please let us know.
Ways in which we may deal with those named on your policy or any acceptable callers include adding or removing vehicles to the policy.
An acceptable caller is:
– A Named Driver
– The spouse, partner or parent of a policyholder
– A secretary or personal assistant where specified by the policyholder
– Any other person or organisation that provides evidence that they have the authority to act on behalf of the Policyholder and passes relevant data protection protocols.
Please note that Cherished Car Insurance and Vintage Tractor Insurance will only contact you in relation to existing insurance policies or regards to a quotation request.
Your details will not be passed to any third parties in connection to any marketing surveys or promotions.
Who has access to your data
Apart from ourselves companies that will have access to your personal details include:
– KGM Motor. KGM Motor is a brand name for KGM Underwriting Services. KGM Underwriting Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
– DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Co Ltd. Who provide our Uninsured Loss Recovery
– Call Assist Ltd. Who provide our Breakdown Services
– Marine & Leisure @ Geo Specialty. Geo Specialty is a trading name of Geo Underwriting Services Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Confidentiality and disclosure of your data
We would like to bring to your attention our obligations to disclose data in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below. These are:
– Where we are legally compelled to do so
– Where there is a duty to the public to disclose
– Where disclosure is required to protect our interest
– Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent
In the unfortunate event that you have to make a claim then we will potentially need to disclose data with any other party involved in that claim. This may include:
– Third parties involved with the claim, their insurer, solicitor or representative
– Medical teams, the police or other investigators
If you make a complaint about the service we have provided, we may be obliged to forward details about your complaint, including your personal data, to the relevant ombudsman. You can be assured that they are similarly obliged to adhere to the Data Protection Act and keep your personal data strictly confidential.
Request your data
You have the right to request the data that we hold about you under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act (1998).
If you wished to make a Subject Access Request (SAR)
Please write to:
Cherished Car Insurance
10 The Enterprise Centre
Coxbridge Business Park
1- Your name, address, policy/claim number or reference number and what information you would like.
2- Identification documents; one which shows your full name and signature (e.g. a copy of your driving licence) and one which shows your name and address (e.g. a recent bill or bank statement). This it to take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information that we may hold about you.)
Please note that if your SAR involves personal data of other people (such as named drivers on your policy) or you are making a request on behalf of another (such as a parent on behalf of their child), we will need identification from these individuals, along with a signed letter of authority from them that they are happy for you to act on their behalf and for us to release their personal data to you.
Once we have received the written request, identification documents, we then have 40 calendar days in which to fulfil your request.
Further changes to this policy
From time to time we may need to change the way we use your personal data. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will write to you. When we do so, you will have 60 days to object to the change but if we do not hear from you within that time you consent to that change.